A number of Farmington area gyms, fitness centers, and indoor pools are reopening Wednesday, nearly six months after shut downs designed to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Governor Gretchen Whitmer on September 3 announced that facilities could re-open at 25 percent capacity and with strict enforcement of safety protocols. Gyms must require masks at all times, implement social distancing protocols, reduce class sizes, provide equipment-cleaning products throughout the gym, and more, according to a state press release.
These local gyms have announced their opening dates online:
- Anytime Fitness Farmington, 22078 Farmington Road, Farmington – September 9
- Fitness 19, 23296 Farmington Rd., Farmington – September 9
- Mid American Fitness, 24425 Indoplex Circle, Farmington Hills – September 10
- Farmington Gymnastics Center, 23966 Freeway Park Dr., Farmington Hills – September 14
- The Edge Fitness Club, 30150 Grand River, Farmington Hills – September 9
- Farmington Family YMCA, 28100 Farmington Rd., Farmington Hills – September 9
In addition, the City of Farmington Hills announced on September 4 that swim lessons will be available at the Costick Center. Safety measures include temperature checks and screening for staff and swimmers, limits on parent/guardian observers, and limited use of locker rooms. Masks will be required except when swimmers are in the water. Learn more at buff.ly/2EotcPH.