A popular Friday night concert series returns to downtown Farmington on June 7 with an evening that will take you back to the great guitar instrumental hits of the 1960s.
Surf Zup opens Rhythms in Riley Park at 7 p.m. Leader Jack DeFranco, a member of the iconic band The Ventures, ensures a true surf music sound and an energy that creates an instant beach party whenever they perform.
The free concerts continue weekly in Riley Park, 33113 Grand River, with these great, family-friendly acts:
- June 14 – The Right Now (pop/soul originals and covers)
- June 21 – The Shawn Riley Band (variety covers)
- June 28 – Dig A Phony (Beatles cover)
- July 5 – Major Dudes (Steely Dan covers and originals)
- July 12 – Motown Eagles (Eagles tribute)
- July 19 – Skye Island Band (smooth jazz, soul)
- July 26 – Billy Mack and the Juke Joint Johnnies (Rockabilly originals and covers)
- August 2 – Randy Brock Group (blues rock and originals)
- August 9 – Wayback Machine (classic pop rock)
- August 16 – The Shy (rock originals and covers)
- August 23 – Chirp (jazzy originals and covers)
Concerts are rain or shine, and in the case of inclement weather, First United Methodist Church located at 33112 Grand River Avenue, across the street from Riley Park, serves as an alternate location.