Michigan strawberries will make their debut at Saturday’s Farmington Farmers and Artisans Market, held from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the Walter E. Sundquist Farmington Pavilion in downtown Farmington.
RB Miller farms will bring in the fruit from Berrien County and the heart of Michigan’s fruit belt, dating back to the 1830s. The market will also celebrate National Children’s Day with a full schedule of activities geared for kids of all ages:
- 9 a.m.-2 p.m. – Crafts at the Little Sprouts Corner hosted by Mayfair Pre School
- 9 a.m.-2 p.m. – Face Painting and Henna Art with Jennifer McCall
- 11 a.m. – Kids Cooking Demo with Chef Brian Kanak, Edible WOW magazine
- 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. – Nature Discovery with Peter Schreimer, America’s Nature Guy
- 9 a.m.-2 p.m. – STEAM activity with Warner and Kenbrook Schools Koalabotz and RoboVikings featuring “Circuit Bugs” a tribute to Michigan’s fireflies
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. – Live music with Sinjon Smith