The City of Farmington Hills has multiple openings for volunteers on 10 of its Boards and Commissions.
The positions include full members and alternates, who serve when a regular member is unavailable. Learn more about these openings at fhgov.com/Government/Boards-Commissions.aspx:
- Arts Commission (one member and one alternate)
- Beautification Commission (one member and two alternates)
- Brownfield Redevelopment Authority (one member)
- Commission on Aging (one alternate)
- Commission on Children, Youth and Families (one member)
- Committee to Increase Voter Participation (five members and one alternate)
- Economic Development Corporation (one member)
- Emergency Preparedness Commission (one member and one alternate)
- Grand River Corridor Improvement Authority (two members; you must be a resident or business owner in that area)
- Zoning Board of Appeals (two alternates)
To apply, send a letter of interest with the name of the Board or Commission, along with a resume, to email@example.com. The mayor reviews all submissions, then nominates members for city council approval. You can also submit a letter of interest for future consideration.