A new Farmington Hills-based community theatre group will bring “13: The Musical” to Detroit’s historic Senate Theater later this month.
Farmington Hills resident Amy Lauter, who is producing Thistle Rose Young Artists’ Sept. 28 debut performance, said “everyone can relate” to the experiences portrayed, “from not knowing which group you belong to at school to having a crush on someone, or dealing with an uncomfortable home life situation.”
“This show pulls together all of those uncomfortable feelings that we all, or most of us anyway, experienced at one time in our lives,” she said. “The book and the music are spectacular, with just the right combination of humor and heart.”
“13” centers around Evan Goldman who has recently been plucked out of his fast-paced, preteen New York City life and plopped into a sleepy Indiana town following his parents’ divorce. As he navigates through the world of cool kids, nerds, jocks, and cheerleaders, as well as first kisses and heartbreak, he comes to understand “What It Means to be a Friend”.
These Farmington Hills residents are part of the “13” cast:
- Maryanna Lauter (Patrice), North Farmington High School
- Hannah Weinraub (Lucy), North Farmington High School
- Madi LaJoice (Kendra), North Farmington High School
- Blake Velick (Malcolm), North Farmington High School
- Michael Soverinsky (Eddie), North Farmington High School
- Ally Nathan (Molly), North Farmington High School
- Gary Weinstein (Rabbi), Farmington Hills
In addition, the crew includes Farmington Hills residents Eric Nogas (Sound Designer) and Jack Nogas (Crew), Farmington High School.
For more information or to purchase advance tickets, visit sites.google.com/site/thistleroseaoa/home.