Free hands-on arts activities, artists demos, and make-and-take crafts are all part of the fun at a free Festival of the Arts Family Day, held Saturday, April 14, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., at the Costick Center in Farmington Hills.
The day will also include live entertainment, displays by area cultural organizations, and more than 500 pieces of art to see and buy. Artwork on display includes exhibits by Farmington Art Foundation members, Farmington Public Schools, Farmington PTA Reflections Art Competition, the Farmington Area Art Commission Student Art Awards, and past and present Artists in Residence.
Here’s the schedule:
- 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Shadow Puppetry Workshop with Shoshanna Utchenik
- 10 a.m. Mid American Pompon and Dance
- 10:30 a.m. Horns of the Hills
- 11:30 a.m. Farmington Community Chorus
- 12 p.m. Farmington Community Library Interactive Program
- 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Art of the Matter – Careers in Art Panel Discussion
- 1 p.m. Orchard Lake Philharmonic Society Flute/Clarinet Duet
- 2 p.m. The Finnish Chorus of Finnish Center and Hall
- 2:30 p.m. Dancing Feats
- 3 p.m. Farmington Musicale Pianist Elaine Vermiglio
- 3:30 p.m. Traditional Indian Dance from Chauladevi Institute
From 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Chrys Bonnay-Lewis (wheelthrowing/pottery), John Nagridge (painting), Jan Jacobs (quilting) and other artists will give demonstrations in the lobby.
For more information about Festival of the Arts, April 12-14, visit farmingtonarts.org.