Farmington council members may on Monday create a new advisory committee to help guide the Greater Farmington Founders Festival.
The annual summer celebration lost its organizer last year and returned in 2021 with city support and under the direction of 360 Event Productions. The council’s September 20 meeting agenda includes a resolution to establish the Farmington Founders Festival Committee.
Membership would include a city council member, the city manager and city treasurer, the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) director, and city attorney. While the group will make recommendations, a vendor will run the event “for the foreseeable future”.
Also on the 7 p.m. regular meeting agenda:
- Beautification Award Winners presentation
- reappointment of Todd Craft to the DDA board
- an amendment to the Fiscal Year 2021-22 budget
- introduction of a zoning ordinance amendment to allow permanent outdoor seating enclosures with a special land use permit
- a change to the Park Reservation, Facility Use and Special Events Policy
The Beautification Committee will also make a presentation during a 6 p.m. study session.