Whether you’re Italian by heritage or just love “The Boot,” you’ll find plenty to do at Saturday’s Farmington Farmers and Artisans Market.
Held at the Walter E. Sundquist Farmington Pavilion and Riley Park in downtown Farmington, the weekly market’s Italian-American Day celebration begins with a special blessing and ringing of the market bell at 9 a.m., followed by a procession celebrating the Feast of San Rocco.
The bella mercato (beautiful market) will feature:
- strolling accordion player David Passalacqua at 9 a.m.
- The Amici Band at 11 a.m.
- Italian-themed cooking demonstration with Paolo Toffoli and Cantoro Market at 11 a.m.
- special activities for kids
- a Bella Cantina serving up beer and wine (11 a.m.-2 p.m.)
- regular market vendors with a wide selection of Michigan produce, specialty foods, and artisan wares