Farmington Public Schools trustees will interview the last candidate for an open school board position, and may choose an appointee, on Tuesday.
A dozen residents applied for the position left vacant with the October resignation of Jim Stark. One of the applicants, Zach Rich, won a seat in the November 6 election. Another, Carmel Koshy, has withdrawn her name from consideration.
Officials spoke with nine candidates on Saturday. Video of those interviews is posted on the TV-10 website: https://tv10.viebit.com/. The remaining interview with Jenn Garland will be conducted at 5 p.m.
Officials are expected to deliberate and select a new trustee during their 6 p.m. meeting. Also on the agenda:
- recognition of Spring 2018 All-State High School Athletes, 2018 YFU Partnership Award, and Discovery Crew Contest Winner
- a Farmington YMCA report about the Camp Riley educational summer camp
- an update on the bond projects budget
- review of an asbestos abatement award for Warner Middle School
- acceptance of the Plante Moran annual audit review
See the full agenda and supporting materials on the district’s website: farmington.k12.mi.us.