A weekend of activities planned May 31-June 1 will mark the closure of Harrison High School in Farmington Hills.
The 49-year-old building and grounds on 12 Mile Road were sold last year to the City of Farmington Hills for use as a community and arts center.
These Harrison High School (HHS) Legacy Weekend activities pay tribute to past and present students, teachers, and community members for their dedication to the school:
Friday, May 31
- Final Celebration Gathering – All-Staff Dinner at Glen Oaks, 6 p.m. (Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for information and reservations.)
Saturday, June 1
- HHS Celebration Gathering, 12 – 4 p.m.
- Memorabilia Sale (patio), 12 – 2 p.m. Warm up, practice uniforms, and jerseys will be for sale, and arts, academic, and athletic trophies and posters will be available.
- School Tours (begin at the auditorium), 12 – 2 p.m.
- Celebration Ceremony (gymnasium), 2 – 3 p.m. Community/Alumni band performance, recognition of HHS staff, hear from former staff members, students, and alumni, transfer of symbolic Hawk to City of Farmington Hills officials, final rendition of fight song and ringing of Victory Bell
- Ice Cream Social and Final Gathering (patio), 3 – 4 p.m.
- Afterglow at Craft Breww City (12 Mile & Orchard Lake Roads)
Legacy wear, keepsake books, and coach bobbleheads will be available at all events. To learn more, contact Angela Leach at 248-426-2858 or email@example.com or alumni band member, Peggy Babcock at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information can also be found at facebook.com/hhshawklegacy.