Farmington SAFE (Suicide Awareness For Everyone) will host a November 13 Mental Health Resource Fair that will feature renowned motivational speaker and author Joshua Spears.
Held in the Council Chambers at Farmington Hills City Hall, 31555 W. 11 Mile Rd. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the speakers will begin at 7 p.m.
Spears, who speaks on the topics of suicide prevention and mental health awareness, shares stories about his own battle with depression and delivers a powerful call to action. Jacqueline McDougal, Ph.D., Executive Director of Special Education Services, will also give a short presentation about Farmington Public Schools crisis protocols.
These community mental health organizations will offer networking and resource tables:
• Alliance of Coalitions for Healthy Communities
• American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
• Beaumont Farmington Hills
• Beverly Hills Therapy Group
• CLS Counseling
• CNS Healthcare
• Collage Counseling
• Common Ground
• Easter Seals Michigan
• Farmington Area PTA Council
• Farmington SAFE
• Farmington Youth Assistance
• Honor Community Health
• Jewish Family Services
• John D. Dingell VA Medical Center Suicide Prevention
• Michigan School of Psychology
• NAMI Metro
• New Oakland Family Centers
• Oakland County Health Network
• Oakland County Suicide Prevention Task Force/Havenwyck Hospital
• Oakland Family Services
• Samaritan Counseling
• Senior Counseling Services, LLC
For more information, call 248-871-2500.
Editor’s note: The list of mental health organizations represented has been adjusted to reflect groups added or removed since this post was originally published.