While most Farmington Public Schools’ (FPS) students enjoyed a snow day on November 12, a dozen Farmington High School DECA leaders traveled to Grand Rapids for the DECA Leadership Conference at Grand Valley State University.
During this two-day conference, students honed their competitive skills, listened to industry leaders, and developed leadership skills to share with fellow Falcons. Students also toured the Siedman School of Business, listened to Grand Valley students discuss college expectations, and learned about majoring in marketing.
These students won awards at the Conference:
- Mouhamadou Ndiaye – First Place Role Play
- Jordyn Wilcox – First Place Test Medal
- Neel Soni – First Place Test Medal
- Hussain Kapasi – First Place Test Medal
- Amna Khan – Both First Place Role Play and First place Resr Medal
- Tyler Klimas – Both First Place Role Play and First place Resr Medal
To learn more about DECA, a national career and technical education organization, visit deca.org.