College students: Request an absent voter ballot for November election

The Farmington City Clerk’s office is encouraging college students to stop by City Hall before heading off to campus.

Students who will be out of town for the November 6 General Election may complete a request for an Absentee Ballot at the Clerk’s office. Anyone who has registered to vote by mail or with a third party should bring along a driver’s license, other state-issued identification card, or a passport. Students will also need to provide their school address.

Those who have not registered to vote may also complete that task at the Clerk’s office.

If you’re a registered voter and can’t visit the Clerk’s office, you may print your absent voter application from your city’s website or the State of Michigan website, or call the Clerk’s office to request one. Complete, sign, and return the application, and a ballot will be mailed to you.

To learn more in Farmington, visit or call 248-474-5500, ext. 2218. In Farmington Hills, visit or call 248-871-2410.

Reported by