City of Farmington Hills needs board, commission volunteers

The City of Farmington Hills invites residents interested in getting more involved may apply to serve on boards and commissions.

More information about these groups can be found at under the Government tab. Residency requirements vary. These boards and commissions have open seats:

Jon Aldred for Farmington Hills City Council

• Beautification Commission

• Commission on Children, Youth and Families

• Committee to Increase Voter Participation

• Community Health Commission

• Farmington Area Arts Commission

• Grand River Corridor Improvement Authority (must be a resident or business owner in that area)

• Historic District Commission

• Historical Commission

• Farmington SAFE (Suicide Awareness For Everyone)

Anyone interested should send a letter of interest with the name of the board or commission, along with a resume, to All submissions will be reviewed by the Mayor, who then nominates boards and commissions members for city council approval.

Reported by