What we do
Farmington Voice publishes daily news and information exclusively about Farmington and Farmington Hills, Michigan – local government, schools, business, arts, downtown Farmington, events, and people just like you.
Why we do it
Facts matter. We believe that good information will help you make better decisions. And people who make better decisions co-create a stronger community.
How we do it
The website is published by Collinwood Media, LLC, which is owned by long-time Farmington resident Joni Hubred.
We track how our visitors use Farmington Voice to determine the content our users read and respond to. We also analyze information about usage patterns and share that aggregated data with our advertisers and business partners.
We may also collect personal information about you via registration for profiles, contests, surveys, newsletters and other purposes.
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our website, to notify visitors about updates to our products and services, and to contact visitors for marketing purposes. It is not shared with third parties.
Farmington Voice cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third party use of information that you disclose.
Information gathered about visitors
We collect aggregate user-specific information on which pages our readers access. This information helps us assess user interest in the content we provide, which helps us improve our content. We can provide a better site if we know which stories our users are reading, how frequently they visit and how long they stay on a page.
The Site automatically collects limited information about your computer’s Internet connection, including your IP address, when you visit our sites. Your IP address does not contain personally identifiable information, nor does it identify you personally.
Information you submit – e-mail
If you have signed up for email newsletters, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions included with the email you receive. From time to time, we may send you email other than our daily email newsletter.
Information we gather
We may analyze our reader demographics and preferences. When we provide information to our advertisers and partners it is in generalized aggregated form regarding reader preferences and traffic statistics.
In some cases, we contract with third parties to provide services, including credit-card and bill processing, e-mail, and analytics or promotions management. We provide these parties with no more than the information necessary for them to perform their specific services contracted.
Children under the Age of 13
If you are under the age of 13, do not send us any information about yourself including your name, address or e-mail address. You may only send us personally identifiable information if your parents have verified to us their consent to the collection of such information.
As a media company, some of our services and content may be attractive to children. We strive to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Includes our contact information.
- Explains the types of personal information we collect, and how we use it.
- Explains our practices in terms of sharing personal information with third parties.
- Allows parents to consent to the collection and use of their children’s personal information, without consenting to disclosure to third parties.
- Does not condition a child’s participation in an activity on the child’s providing more personal information than is reasonably necessary for the activity.
- Allows parents to review their child’s information, have it deleted, or refuse to permit any further collection, by contacting us.
- We encourage children under the age of 13 to consult with their parents before furnishing personal data. Parents should supervise their children’s online activities and consider using parental controls available from online services and software manufacturers to provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing their personal information online without parental permission. For additional information about parental control tools, please consult http://www.icra.org/_en/parents.