Vintage Point: Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic church

In 1927, when this photo was taken, Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church (23815 Power Road) had just started celebrating Mass in the newly built, 125-seat “Little White Church on the Hill.” The Ely farmhouse next door, overlooking Shiawassee Park, was used as a rectory until being torn down in early March 1961, after which the new church was dedicated.

Vintage Point

Historic photo from the archives of Our Lady of Sorrows. Contemporary photo by Brian Sosnoski. More at