More than 40 Farmington High School students placed in competitions held January 5 during the Business Professionals of America (BPA) Regional Leadership Conference against students from surrounding areas.
The students among 68 who competed, will advance on to the 46th Annual State Leadership Conference to be held March 15-18, 2018 in Grand Rapids.
“Farmington High School BPA students did an outstanding job at this year’s Regional Conference,” said Linda Valice, Business Teacher.
BPA is the premier Career and Technical Student Organization (CSTO) for students pursuing careers in business management, office administration, information technology, and other related career fields.
These students received awards:
- Babar Ahmed – Personal Financial Management – 2nd Place
- Pooja Balani – Banking & Finance – 3rd Place
- Tarun Bhadri – Financial Analyst Team – 2nd Place & Medical Office Procedures – 4th Place
- Yukta Bichala – Administrative Support Team – 4th Place
- Husain Boxwala – Entrepreneurship – 1st Place
- Thomas Brandon – Fundamentals of Web Design – 6th Place
- Namratha Bujala – Global Marketing Team – 2nd Place
- Vishal Chava – Database Applications – 2nd Place
- Adeep Das – Database Applications – 4th Place
- Apoorva Dayananda – Fundamental Desktop Publishing – 1st Place & Global Marketing Team – 2nd Place
- Isis Diaz – Presentation Management Team – 1st Place
- Noah Hahn – Advanced Accounting – 4th Place & Payroll Accounting – 6th Place
- Madison Hales – Presentation Management Team – 1st Place
- Jacob Hume – SQL Database Fundamentals – 1st Place
- Gautham Jayaraj – Fundamental Accounting – 3rd Place
- Sanjana Kartal – Small Business Management Team – 2nd Place
- Druva Krishnaswami – HR, Management & Marketing OPEN – 3rd Place
- Pritham Kura – Financial Analyst Team – 2nd Place
- Chelsea Lindsey – Fundamental Accounting – 6th Place
- Niranjana Magesh – Prepared Speech – 1st Place
- Anne Mandapathil – Small Business Management Team – 2nd Place
- Sujit Meka – Financial Analyst Team – 2nd Place & HR, Management & Marketing OPEN – 6th Place
- Ayad Mukadam – Financial Math & Analysis OPEN – 5th Place & HR, Management & Marketing OPEN – 5th Place
- Cecilia Norris – Presentation Management Team – 1st Place
- Meghana Nyalakonda – HR, Management & Marketing OPEN – 4th Place & Small Business Management Team – 2nd Place
- Ramprasad Rajaguru – SQL Database Fundamentals – 5th Place
- Shikha Raman – Database Applications – 1st Place & Small Business Management Team – 2nd Place
- Gautham Rathnam – Human Resource Management – 6th Place
- Richard Rex – Java Programming – 3rd Place
- Sarah Rinker – Presentation Management Team – 1st Place
- Hemil Shah – Financial Analyst Team – 2nd Place
- Easheta Shah – Global Marketing Team – 2nd Place
- Anika Shah – Video Production Team – 3rd Place
- Insiyah Shakir – Parliamentary Procedure Team – 5th Place
- Edha Shirodkar – Fundamental Accounting – 1st Place
- Dhakshniy Sivakumaran – Parliamentary Procedure Team – 5th Place
- Jack Sweeting – Business Meeting Management OPEN – 4th Place
- Avigna Tatineni – Global Marketing Team – 2nd Place
- Lena Timko – Human Resource Management – 1st Place
- Emma Vardevanyan – Integrated Office Applications – 6th Place
- Peter Wu – Integrated Office Applications – 2nd Place
- Chris Zervos – Payroll Accounting – 5th Place
BPA, a co-curricular organization that supports business and information technology educators, enhances student participation in professional, civic, service, and social endeavors. A major component of BPA is the Workplace Skills Assessment Program (WSAP), which prepares students to succeed and assesses real world business skills and problem solving abilities in finance, management, IT and computer applications.
To learn more about Farmington High School’s BPA program or other Farmington Public Schools’ Career and Technical Organizations, visit farmington.k12.mi.us/Page/1186.