The Farmington/Farmington Hills Breakfast Optimist Club recently honored students from five area high schools during its annual breakfast to honor leaders from Farmington Central, Farmington, Harrison, Mercy, and North Farmington high schools.
Each school is asked to select a junior who has demonstrated leadership skills and human relation development through working in school-sponsored programs. The program is designed to present the honored juniors with a check for them to “do something good” in their respective school communities. These students are then asked back to the Leadership Breakfast the following year to share with the Club what they did with their monetary award.
This year’s Leadership Award winners are:
- Vivian McKinney, Farmington Central High School
- Isabelle Gerhart, Farmington High School
- Rosie Burns Pavlick, Harrison High School
- Priyanka John, Mercy High School
- Lily Kollin, North Farmington High School
Last year’s winners were:
- Nia Mallory, Farmington Central High School
- Caitlin Sheltrown, Farmington High School
- Annaliese Fowler, Harrison High School
- Kennedy Griest, Mercy High School
- Gabriela Sgambati, North Farmington High School
For more information regarding the Leadership awards, call event organizer Terry L. Tipton, D.C., at 248-477-4200. For more information about the Farmington/Farmington Hills Optimist Club, visit f2hoptimists.org.