Miss Farmington 2019 Emma Hahn went into the July 19 pageant thinking the title could go to any one of the five contestants.
”There were a lot of really great girls, I thought it was anybody’s game,” said Hahn, a senior at the International Academy in Bloomfield Hills.
She admits to being on edge about only one aspect of the program. “I was mostly nervous for the dancing parts, which I know aren’t judged, but that was tricky for me.”
Hahn said she was “really surprised” to win, “but I was mostly so excited and just really happy.”
Miss Farmington and her court spent time over the weekend at the Greater Farmington Founders Festival, and Hahn said she most looks forward to attending many more community events in the coming year.
This year’s First Runner-Up, Elena Vargo, a senior at Farmington High, was also First Runner-Up in 2018. Second Runner-Up Maria Cheriyan, a Detroit Country Day junior, participated last year as well.
Other awards presented during the pageant, which was held at the Farmington Civic Theater, include:
- Farmington and Farmington Hills Mayor’s Essay awards – Maria Cheriyan
- Farmington Hills Mayor’s Essay- Maria Cheriyan
- Spirit and Fortitude Award – Elena Vargo
- Richard Lerner and Maureen McCarthy Goodfellows Award – Maria Cheriyan
- Dr. William Nutting Educational Grant Award – Elena Vargo
- The Aldo Vagnozzi Community Service Award – Elena Vargo & Emma Hahn
- Samantha Steckloff Leadership Award – Elena Vargo
- Ginny Morris Personal Development Award – Amari Torres
- The Emma Feeheley Interview Award – Emma Hahn
- People’s Choice – Elena Vargo
- Dani Patterson-Mets Spirit of Miss Farmington Cities – Elena Vargo
The Miss Farmington Cities Program also presented the 2019 Walter E. Sundquist Humanitarian Award to Roxanne Fitzpatrick, a Farmington Hills resident, in honor of her long-time support of the pageant.