Historic Farmington Hills house gets new marker

William Gates House
From left: Steve Olson, Historic District Commission (HDC); Dan McCoubrey, property owner; Bryan Brincat, HDC Commissioner; Ken Klemmer, HDC Chairperson; Paul Sewick, HDC Commissioner; Gania Kandalaft, HDC Commissioner; Angeline Lawrence, HDC Staff Liaison; and Michael Hegarty, HDC Co-Chairperson (City of Farmington Hills)

Members of the City of Farmington Hills Historic District Commission (HDC) on June 6 unveiled a historical marker at the William Gates House at 36130 Grand River. Once owned by William Gates, who was born in Ovid, New York in 1844 and moved to Farmington in 1862, the simple farmhouse now serves as office space for Muirwood Reserve Apartments, owned by Beztak Properties. Another marker will be installed later this year at the Addis Emmett Green House, 38201 W. 14 Mile Road. For more information about historic markers, contact HDC Staff Liaison Angeline Lawrence at alawrence@fhgov.com or 248-871-2553.