Sixteen high school students and three middle school students from Farmington Public Schools (FPS) qualified for the HOSA International Leadership Conference by placing in the top three at the State Leadership Conference in March.
This year’s 41st Annual HOSA International Conference, for young people interested in health care occupations, was held in Dallas, Texas in June.
“We are proud of the hard work and dedication demonstrated by these students throughout the year, especially at the International Leadership Conference,” said Janet Cadeau, Farmington High School and Middle School HOSA Advisor.
Local honorees were:
- Jonathan Manela – Warner Middle School – Silver Medalist, Medical Reading Knowledge Test
- Sanjiv Seshan – East Middle School – 6th Place Finalist, Nutrition Knowledge Test
- Muqit Essani – East Middle School – 4th Place Finalist, Prepared Speaking
Farmington High School
- Niranjana Magesh, Abbey Carvey, Akhila Mullapudi & Sahana Nandigama – Silver Medalists, Creative Problem Solving
- Ajay Kumar – 6th Place, Pathophysiology Knowledge Test
- Shreya Salwi – Honorable effort in Biomedical Lab Science
Harrison High School
- Shiv Seshan – Gold Medalist, Medical Math
- Yashasvini Nannapuraju & Veena Thamilselvan – Bronze Medalists, Forensic Medicine
- Meghna Nair – Honorable effort in Medical Spelling
North Farmington High School
- Molly Rose & Amber Wei – Silver Medalists, Health Career Display
- Srihari Srinivasan – Bronze Medalist, Medical Terminology
- Lekha Mutyala – FHS Alumni – 4th Place, Prepared Speaking