Five young women will next month vie for the title of Miss Farmington Cities and scholarship dollars in a pageant that has undergone a few changes.
Formerly known as the Miss Farmington Pageant, the annual event will be held on July 17 at the Farmington Civic Theater with these contestants:
More information about each of the contestants and their charities is posted at missfarmingtoncities.com/2019-contestants
Organizers say the pageant needs the community’s support to award scholarship dollars to the winning contestants and develop community service projects in Farmington and Farmington Hills. You can do that by:
- Attending the Dining for Dollars event at Sidecar Slider Bar on June 23. Show a copy of the flyer posted at missfarmingtoncities.com/events and 20 percent of your purchase will be donated to the program;
- Purchasing ad space in the program book, which will be distributed during the July 17 pageant;
- Designating the Miss Farmington Cities program, a 501(c)3, as your charity of choice at smile.amazon.com, so that .5 percent of your eligible purchases will be donated to the organization;
- Creating a scholarship that will be awarded to one of the contestants; or
- Donating directly on the pageant website.
Two former contestants, Sidney Schrand, Miss Farmington 2015, and Grace Newlin, 2nd runner-up Miss Farmington 2012, have returned to help the program continue following the death earlier this year of long-time pageant director Ginny Morris.
“It provides a unique opportunity to see the other side of the program, and help other young women find what they are passionate about,” Schrand said. “The program changed me for the better and I truly hope I can make a fraction of that positive impact on the young women who will be involved in the program in the years to come.”