After a tumultuous year that included a wave of trustee resignations, the Farmington Community Library board will meet on Monday with Farmington Hills and Farmington city council members.
The joint study session will be held at 6 p.m. in the Community Room at Farmington Hills City Hall, prior to the Hills council’s 7:30 p.m. regular meeting. An update from the library board is the only agenda item.
Six trustees resigned following the replacement of long-time library board member Bruce Lazar with vocal library board critic Bill Largent.
- FARMINGTON HILLS MAYOR CHOSE LIBRARY APPOINTEE, IN PART, TO ‘SHAKE THINGS UP’
- TWO HILLS COUNCIL MEMBERS SEEK APPOINTMENT PROCESS CHANGES
- LIBRARY BOARD, FARMINGTON HILLS COUNCIL SPAR OVER APPOINTMENTS
- TWO MORE FARMINGTON COMMUNITY LIBRARY BOARD MEMBERS RESIGN
- MORE TRUSTEES LEAVE FARMINGTON LIBRARY BOARD IN APPOINTMENT CONTROVERSY
During their regular meeting in council chambers, Hills officials will consider establishing a Water System Advisory Council and approving the first reading of an ordinance that would add vaping and vape products to an ordinance that prohibits underaged youth from using tobacco.
Agendas for both meetings are posted at fhgov.com.