Farmington city council members will hold another budget discussion on Monday – this time, about their own.
At a previous meeting, officials asked for more information about their $59,000 budget, as part of on-going discussions about the city’s finances. Council members each receive a salary of $3,000, and the 2018-2019 budget includes $17,000 for insurance and bonds. Other line items include:
- $10,000 for attendance and lodging at conferences
- $8,470 in memberships to organizations like Michigan Municipal League (MML), Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG), and the Greater Farmington Area Chamber.
- $2,000 for miscellaneous expenses, such as food and water for meetings, council portraits, and business cards
- $4,300 for participation in community events, including the Farmington Hills Police Benevolent Association golf outing and the Farmington/Farmington Hills Foundation’s annual fundraising gala
Also on the May 7, 7 p.m., meeting agenda:
- the purchase of a $15,350 movie screen for the Farmington Civic Theater
- a special event application from Friends of FASD (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders) for a September 15 5K run that begins and ends at Shiawassee Park
Officials will meet in the conference room adjacent to council chambers, and time is set aside for public comment on any issue. To see the full agenda and supporting materials, visit farmgov.com.