Farmington Public Schools (FPS) needs about 30-40 volunteers who will help develop strategies to reach updated strategic plan goals approved August 22.
Teams of 8 to 12 members, including residents and district staff, will be assigned to each of the four main goal areas:
FPS is accountable for providing a community that will develop equitable learning opportunities which empower learners to master core competencies through critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity to be career and/or college ready.
FPS must cultivate an inclusive, respectful and safe culture that values continuous learning, collaboration, and personal growth for stakeholders.
- All voices are heard and actively encouraged.
- Strong relationships among all stakeholders are fostered and nurtured.
- Equity is a foundation to support the needs of every stakeholder.
- Students are immersed in an authentic, deeply engaging, and flexible learning environment.
- All stakeholders are accountable for action toward success, individual and collective.
3. Community Relations
Together with our community, FPS will engage in proactive, transparent exchange of ideas and information which fosters relationships and honors our strengths and diversity, resulting in an exemplary service experience.
FPS will practice good stewardship by designing and implementing financial and facilities plans that advance the District’s priorities.
Volunteers should be available for five to eight meetings between October 2017 and Spring 2018. To apply, visit farmington.k12.mi.us and fill out the online application. The deadline for applying is Friday, September 15.
To learn more, call 248-489-3338.